Cannabis users across the globe will take the time to “light up” on April 20th. 420 is a slang term that refers to the consumption of cannabis or marijuana, and the date April 20th (4/20) has become a cultural holiday for cannabis enthusiasts. How will you celebrate 420?
It’s 4:20 Somewhere
Although the origins of the term are uncertain, it is believed to have originated in the 1970s with a group of high school students in California who would meet at 4:20 pm to smoke marijuana. Over time, the term 420 has been adopted by the cannabis community to identify and celebrate their culture and lifestyle. Many people who celebrate 420 do so by consuming cannabis, attending concerts or festivals, or gathering with friends.
Here are eight ways you can celebrate 420:
- Enjoying Cannabis: If you choose to partake cannabis consumption, take a break, and indulge in your favorite marijuana products, from flower to edibles, or concentrates to tinctures. You can even let the good times roll with our convenient pre-rolled cannabis products. Have you tried our NEW- Pre:Roll 5 pack or slow burning Cocoa and Sage Blunts?
- Connecting with Friends: Many people celebrate 420 with friends and loved ones. You could organize a gathering with like-minded individuals, kick back and enjoy the day together. Whether it’s a chill hangout, a picnic, or a themed party, spending time with friends can make the day more enjoyable. Have you tried our gourmet chocolates made with European chocolate, or our sugar-coated gummies made from real fruit puree – they are perfect for sharing or “on-the-go”.
- Learning about Cannabis: You could take the opportunity to educate yourself about cannabis and its various strains, consumption methods, and effects. You could explore its history, medicinal properties, and cultural significance, or engage in meaningful discussions about its social and legal implications. Read our blog, “A Quick History of 420”, watch a documentary, or listen to a podcast to expand your knowledge about the wonders of cannabis.
- Watch Cannabis-Related Movies or TV Shows: There are plenty of movies and TV shows that feature cannabis as a central theme. You can plan a movie night and watch films like “Pineapple Express,” “Half Baked,” “Up in Smoke,” or “The Big Lebowski” to set the mood.
- Engaging in Creative Activities: Cannabis has long been associated with enhancing creativity for some individuals. You could explore your artistic side by engaging in creative activities such as painting, drawing, writing, or playing music, while enjoying the effects of cannabis, if that is your choice. Insa has flower to help inspire you from Runtz to Wedding Cake.
- Cook with Cannabis: If you enjoy cooking, you can experiment with cannabis-infused recipes. Make some homemade edibles or try your hand at creating cannabis-infused oils or butter to use in your favorite recipes. We believe everyone can be a better “canna-cook” follow this Cannabutter recipe for delicious edibles made right at home.
- Engaging in Cannabis Advocacy: 420 is also a day when some people choose to engage in cannabis advocacy and raise awareness about the benefits of cannabis, such as advocating for its legalization, promoting responsible use, or supporting cannabis-related causes and organizations.
- Practice Mindfulness with Cannabis: Cannabis has been known to enhance relaxation and mindfulness for some people. You can incorporate cannabis into your meditation or yoga practice to elevate your experience and promote relaxation.
Happy 420! Whether you prefer to roll it, vape it, or bake it, take a moment to appreciate the plant that brings us joy and relaxation as you celebrate 420. If you have any questions about Insa products, visit an Insa location to talk more with our friendly associates or call 1-877-500-INSA to speak with our knowledgeable customer relations team any day from 7am-11 pm.
All products vary by location. Check out insa.com to see the availability at your location.
How are you choosing to celebrate 420? Join the conversation on social, “weed” love to hear from you!